[Bf-gamedev] UI; Improvements and Customization

Colin Knueppel colin.k.work at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 14:40:28 CEST 2013

I believe this would be a great option to inherently support within
Blender, but it appears I may be able to implement some of this on my own.
To try, there would be several things that would be very handy.

-Where can I look at existing UI code, or what files should I look at?
Namely, where can I see the code that loads user interface presets and
panel layouts?
-Are there any tutorials or resources that would help me create my own
panels in Blender? What files should I be looking at to create my own panel
editor types?
-Is there a way to see the code for panel components? For instance, when
creating a modifier, there must be some code that defines the properties
that show in that modifier. If I am to create my own tools, I'll need a way
to see the value and function names to call.
-If I want to add my own Blender UI element, for instance a dropdown of
these environments into the header, how do I override Blender?