[Bf-gamedev] FBX exporter suggestion

wp1127989-shaderman dev at shaderman.com
Thu Oct 10 14:03:56 CEST 2013

Hi guys.

It's great to see you guys improving the FBX part, thanks a lot!

I'd like to suggest a small FBX exporter enhancement:

If "All Actions" is unchecked to only export the currently selected action, it
would be great to have an option which would only export data for the channels
which are really used in the Action Editor for this particular action.

It seems like keyframes are currently created for each frame and each bone even
when the bone state does not change over a range of frames. Currently data seems
to be exported for all channels, including unused channels, which increases file
size and might end up as useless information in game engines for example.

In other words: It would be an option to only export keyframes when there are
keyframes recorded in the action editor (not all the inbetween frames as well).

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for reading :)

Stefan