[Bf-funboard] Feature Request: Shape keys for multires modifier

Isaac Weaver wisaac407 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:38:36 CET 2016

Shape keys are a great way to animate detailed facial motions. However when
you have a character with a (relatively) simple base mesh, and a highly
detailed multires sculpt, there is no way to create shape keys that utilize
the high poly multires mesh (without of course, applying the modifier
first). So I was wondering if it would be possible to create some kind of
"shape keys" for the multires modifier? It could either be something that
allows for sculpting on top of regular shape keys, or an entirely separate
system altogether (i.e. there would be a shape key panel in the modifier
properties panel). Either way I think it would be a very powerful feature.

Thanks,

~ Isaac