[Bf-funboard] video and audio sync from multiple sources

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Thu May 14 22:34:51 CEST 2015

While blender can assign timecode it is for frame tracking so that the
correct order is retained.  Also most devices do not record timecode "jam
sync". That is slaved to a master generator.

A recent Gooseberry video tutorial demonstrates syncing multiple sources
manually to a recorded sync pop or clap. That's what clapper boards are for
;-)

Automated syncing would be outside the scope of the vse as it is primarily
a string out tool not a core editor.

However I did propose a psuedo solution. Imagine converting selected all
audio to fcurve then analyse them for similarities of wave form. Ie
distance between peaks. Use this data to find offset value between all
waveforms. This offset Could be applied to the vse strips

I'm not a python coder however sorry.

Cheers,
David Mcsween