[Bf-funboard] Info Bar Suggestion

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 05:54:18 CEST 2015

I generally agree with Ton's argument of UI clutter, but I also like how
you changed the icons for verts/faces/etc. I've always been a fan of
simple/flat icons and this would satisfy the need for subtlety. However,
this also means there are more icons to upkeep, potentially doubling if
each icon were to be converted to a flat style. Maybe I could play with
icon style locally during the summer. I'd need someone else to implement
them, though, since I have /no/ python or C skills.

On 07/05/2015 06:18 AM, Julio Iglesias wrote:
> +1
>
> Although I would keep the current way too, maybe switch modes with a single
> click? Or make it customizable in preferences?
>
> Also, now we are talking about the info bar, I recall someone suggested
> time ago to simplify that line using icons instead of text...
> Found it...: https://developer.blender.org/T33573
>
> Ok, I understand Ton's point, and somehow I agree, but... maybe we could
> find a middle ground making the icons less flashy, or even not using icons
> at all, but simplifying the labels to just initials:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2294713/mockups/blendstats.png
>
> Tooltips could be implemented to help new users understand it. Once used to
> it, I think anyone's eyes would find the exact info they need to review
> faster than with the current almost "codeish" string of text (no offense
> intented).
>

> Regards.
>

> On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 12:29 PM, - LEON - <leon4you at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For Info bar, instead of displaying counts for Verts/Faces/Tris (etc) for
>> visible layers, it is very likely that users want to count things like
>> below:
>>
>> 1. Those are currently selected;
>> 2. Those are in Local View mode;
>> 3. Those are currently visible.