[Bf-funboard] Info Bar Suggestion

Julio Iglesias j at zafio.com
Sun Jul 5 15:18:38 CEST 2015

+1

Although I would keep the current way too, maybe switch modes with a single
click? Or make it customizable in preferences?

Also, now we are talking about the info bar, I recall someone suggested
time ago to simplify that line using icons instead of text...
Found it...: https://developer.blender.org/T33573

Ok, I understand Ton's point, and somehow I agree, but... maybe we could
find a middle ground making the icons less flashy, or even not using icons
at all, but simplifying the labels to just initials:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2294713/mockups/blendstats.png

Tooltips could be implemented to help new users understand it. Once used to
it, I think anyone's eyes would find the exact info they need to review
faster than with the current almost "codeish" string of text (no offense
intented).

Regards.