[Bf-funboard] Automatic Shader set-ups

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Fri Feb 13 16:12:49 CET 2015

Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have thought about just that but in this case I still think that when we
> add a mix node it should not default to none, none.

While I'm all for good general presets, I'm personally not a fan of that idea
because that's not how I (and a number of other people I'm sure) use the Mix
Shader node. Mixing Diffuse and Gloss does happen, of course, but I find myself
mixing with a Transparent shader quite a bit... probably more often. If I had
to delete unwanted Diffuse and Gloss nodes each time I add a Mix, I'd be pretty
unhappy. I chose "Mix Shader" from the Add menu... not "Mix Shader and Other
Stuff". That's what a group node is for.

  -Jason