[Bf-funboard] Remove Doubles Modifier

- LEON - leon4you at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 05:04:23 CET 2015

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to add a Remove Doubles modifier?
Although some modifiers already have some options to merge vertices, such
as Mirror and Array, I believe that's not so universal. To remove doubles
at certain modifier stack order(s), I think, would be needed.

Benefit:

1. For correcting the final vertex normals.

After being modified by one or more modifiers, doubles may occur, which
sometimes are not what we really want, since other modifiers below the
stack may not need it.

For example, seams are not good for Subsurf. In the example below, the seam
caused by the last bend modifier in the end will not be removed unless
having to apply all modifiers.

http://blender.stackexchange.com/a/24053/696

2. For keying dynamic animation. We can insert keyframes to the visibility
/ renderability to this modifier, or to the threshold value, etc, for
creating more interesting or creative results.

Thanks for your concern.

--
Leon Cheung
a.k.a. Zhang Yu | 老猫