[Bf-funboard] VSE proxies

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 12:12:17 CEST 2015

Hi,

Just for the record, bugs have a notorious tendency not to get fixed
without a bug report and a reproducable crash case.
If you make one for us I can guarantee it will get fixed if we can reproduce it.
It sounds a bit like this is an out of memory issue, but hard to tell for sure.

Not sure if generating proxies with sound is really useful (there is
no sound proxy). What you want is just
a movie in a lower resolution but this is just a low res
export/render, not a proxy. It's just a different use case. Proxies
are really meant to be used for fast reading from within blender.
That's the use case, not hacking a quick export for other programs.

You are asking for blender to be able to detect proxies with arbitrary
names in arbitrary locations
without doing this per strip. While ideally, we would bind a proxy to
a resource (movie/image file) instead of a strip,
I don't think that having such an arbitrary system is doable. Either
you accept a specific name and directory structure
and the program can use that to determine which proxy to use, or you
assign the file to the resource explicitly.