[Bf-funboard] [Bf-python] Window manager question

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 05:02:02 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Todd McIntosh <todd at resonancemedia.ca> wrote:

> Hi Campbell, thanks for the feedback.
>
> I'm thinking about addons that can take a task or process that someone might setup in Blender and automate it.
>
> For example, the procedure of setting up a Cinematic Time-lapse could be easily automated if we were able to launch a new window, size it, and then call the screencast command and target only that new window. However we can't currently launch and size a window, or target one window with the screencast call.
>
> If I wanted to submit a patch to trunk that added these features, would there be a philosophical reason to oppose it?

Is it necessary to be in the same Blender instance?

subprocess.Popen([bpy.app.
binary_path, "--window-geometry", "100",
"100", "800", "600"])

If you wanted you could pass in the current file and some script to
start a screencast, eg:

subprocess.Popen([
    # current file
    bpy.app.binary_path,
    "--window-geometry", "100", "100", "800", "600",
    bpy.data.filepath,
    # execute a script
    "--python", "start_screencast.py",
    ])