[Bf-funboard] So what is up with the undo?

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Jun 22 00:24:04 CEST 2014

Hi,
zzyxpaw at gmail.com (2014-06-20 at 1725.33 -0700):
> We already have an option in user prefs which allows to limit the number
> of undos by the amount of memory used, however the number of undos is
> still always capped by the /steps/ value in user prefs (which has the
> hard limit of 64), even before the memory limit is reached.
>
> It would be nice if setting /steps/ to 0 would limit the number of undos
> only by how much memory is used..

GIMP took a smarter approach, it will keep the number of undos, while
providing as many as the memory limit allows. So if you do lots of
small steps, you got to keep them all, but if you do some big ones,
you at least have whatever number you asked for in worst case.

It makes both settings be useful, instead of one magic value in one of
them "triggering" the other method.

GSR