[Bf-funboard] GridFill working on existing faces.

Bartek Moniewski monio4 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:25:00 CEST 2014

I got an idea for small improvement. How about Grid Fill tool working
on existing faces? I often work with big n-gons and making quads of
them is a cumbersome process. Instead of deleting a faces, selecting
loop and using Grid Fill users may be able to just select face (e.g.
n-gon) or faces and use Grid Fill on them to change topology. I
spontaneously to try use Grid Fill this way sometimes. ;)

Simplest way to do this is detection of selected mesh elements and (if
faces) do a macro that counts face selection boundary edges, delete
faces and run Grid Fill.
More fancy way of this new addition can shape newly created geometry
to fit previous faces.
Cheers.