[Bf-funboard] Inspiration Modifier (Alchemy-like modifier for Blender) - draw heighmaps on planes

Crs Mrn mahri726 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 21:55:09 CEST 2014

*(*mahri726*) *So... Do you know Alchemy software? It is a software where
you draw with random shapes. Here is the idea: you apply the modifier to a
plane. That plane become transparent and get a height map assigned. You can
start sculpting on it. Everything that has 0 vallue on map is transparent.
Everything else instead of 0 is visible. Everything that is sculpted on a
side of the plane is mirrored to the other. Like in Alchemy, you can draw
random shapes, but, instead of black shapes(like the ones we see in
Alchemy) , we draw shapes with heigh maps, that blend together. The plane
that has the modifier applied could be moved. If we have more of these
planes, we could create complex robots, spaceships etc that could be
refined with remodelling on top. What do you think?