[Bf-funboard] The Lack of inability to perform Batch operations in Blender

Ajlan Altug ajlanaltug at genesys-da.com
Mon Jun 2 16:24:30 CEST 2014

Hi;

I'm wondering if there are Blender users out there who feel the need to
perform Batch attribute adjustments on multiple objects in Blender on a
daily basis. Blender is downright fantastic, there's no doubt. The amount
of attention and thought put into almost every aspect of it astounds me
persistently. Yet, working in 3D means having to deal with tons of objects
at a time. I have numerous objects in my scene with subSurf modifier
applied to each and every one of them. If I want to change their
resolution, as of now, I need to dive in there, bite the bullet and tackle
this task one object after the other, which is likely to take at least 15
to 20 minutes of my precious time. Is there anything in the devs' agenda to
tackle this issue in the near future? A spreadsheet a-la Maya will be
clunky and unweildly, but the ability to adjust parameters from the
properties panel after selecting multiple objects would be a needed and
welcome addition to Blender.

Cheers;

AJ

--