[Bf-funboard] Menu buttons and dropdowns

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 18:28:57 CET 2014

Hi Hadrien, agree having to wave your mouse around to get rid of the
menu is a bit crummy.

What you suggest can work ok for root-level-menus, but not sub-menus
since they auto-open. you might move your mouse and click just at the
same time the menu auto opens toggling it by accident.
There is also a user preference to open _any_ menu on mouse over, so...

Committed change so root-level menus and popups can click to close,
but disable the option when auto-open menus is used.

https://developer.blender.org/rBc046cb80ed06e349fd38cdf02c72dd50cd97c325

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Hadrien Brissaud <hadriscus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to complain a little about how the menus behave. I'm thinking of
> two interface elements here : both the "pulldown" menu buttons in area
> headers (file, render, window, help...) and the menus like the one for
> choosing Cycles or BI. Just one detail has been exasperating me for long,
> it's that I cannot click again on menu to close it. Is there a reason for
> that ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hadrien

- Campbell