[Bf-funboard] Critical improvements and features

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 05:56:52 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 4:19 AM, David Jeske <davidj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm with Jonathan. I don't think the benefits of multiple separate
> selection sets outweigh the confusion from them. Furthermore, if this kind
> of functionality is useful or important, then some kind of selection-stack
> or selection-history seems a simpler and easier to understand way to do it,
> which isn't limited to a hardcoded number of selection sets.

Agree its a bit confusing.
However not every data type has its own selection state as with
objects and bones.

Using this outliner selection you can search & select any number of
mesh datablocks (not mesh objects), and make them local-user, add fake
user etc.
There are other operations which apply to World, Group, Materials in a list etc.

You could imagine some other way to perform these same actions - just
noting having outliner selection isn't redundant.
--
- Campbell