[Bf-funboard] Reusing a Smoke Cache (Voxel Data Texture)

Atomic Perception atomicperception at gmail.com
Fri May 17 14:47:19 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I have spent some time and I have a *Smoke* cache that I like. What I want
to do now is re-use it in another scene.
*
Here is my workflow for the new scene:*
Add a material to the default cube.
Put the material in *Volume* mode.
Add a *Voxel Data *texture to the material.
Set the* File Format* to *Blender Voxel*.
Browse to my existing smoke cache and select the first frame in the cache.

Shouldn't I see some kind of preview at this point in the process? I have
given Blender the path to a valid smoke cache, yet the texture shows me a
blank preview even if I scrub the timeline. And when I do scrub the
timeline I see some kind of refresh action occurring but nothing is ever
draw except blankness.

Is this the correct way to use the *Voxel Data* texture?
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?292400-ReUsing-a-Smoke-Cache-%28Voxel-Data-texture%29