[Bf-funboard] Physical Memory and Cycles

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed May 8 12:45:11 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 8:11 pm, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>>> We currently do not support GPU rendering on AMD cards due to
>>> technical issues in their driver that we can't solve.
>>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/OpenCL
>>>

>> Do you have a link to specific issues that were encountered?
>>
>> Have you discussed the issues with AMD directly?
>
> Yes we have discussed this with AMD developers, you can search this
> mailing list for past discussions on the topic.

According to this thread they are working on the driver level solution and
might release it in the "next" update.

http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1285984

However I know that they also support several other competing projects so
I will not be surprised if they continue to delay.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd