[Bf-funboard] Tiny wish for Move shortcut

Matjaz Lamut matjaz.lamut at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:05:06 CET 2013

Hello,

Sorry to immediately jump in with proposals how it would be cool to see
even more of this :) I find double key presses a great idea and think they
have a lot of potential to streamline Blender's keymap. I couldn't resist
adding my 2 cents when I saw there's work being done in this area :)
Currently there are two places where they are used (rotate/trackball, the
new move/edge slide) while 2.49 also had circle/border select mapped to
B-key. What do you think of expanding this behaviour? For example:

E - extrude
E, E - extrude individual faces

I - inset
I, I - inset individual faces

S - scale
S, S - shrink/fatten

B - border select
B, B - circle select
(from 2.49)

Or for the view keys.

numpad 3 - right view
numpad 3, numpad 3 - left view

numpad 1 - front view
numpad 1, numpad 1 - back view

numpad7 - top view
numpad 7, numpad7 - bottom view

Seeing it's a behaviour already present in Blender, I don't see it breaking
any of the current UI paradigms. In addition, when expanded to other tools,
it would contribute to Blender's internal consistency, where a single rule
of interaction would apply to many places. One more benefit is doing less
finger acrobatics with keys and modifier keys.

Is there a chance to see this included in Blender?

Regards,
Matjaž