[Bf-funboard] External video input

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:51:52 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Patrick Shirkey
<pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> On Sun, October 28, 2012 9:13 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone have suggestions or input on the best way to integrate
>> external video input from other applications to the node editor?
>>
>> I'm thinking specifically of piping video data from a game engine into the
>> node editor.
>>

> Any thoughts on how to achieve this?
>
> I'm also interested in integrating Blender support for motion capture with
> third party game engines.
>
> So load a game engine as a plugin to the compositor and layer motion
> capture with Blender models over the top.

are you sure the compositor would be fast enough for this to be
useful? - perhaps you could get 1fps or so, but not sure why you'd
want that.

The compositor isnt setup to pipeline real-time input and continuously
update, it could be hacked to do it but I dont think this is really
fitting into the existing design really well.

I'm guessing for this some GLSL shader would be better suited.