[Bf-funboard] New Keymap: selection

Jonathan Williamson jonathan at cgcookie.com
Fri May 11 03:26:37 CEST 2012

1. Special Selection Tool Importance
I would put loop and ring select as the most important, in that order. I very seldom use shortest path but it's useful from time to time. I also use Lasso and Box select the most, occasionally Circle select.

2. Selection Tools outside of Modifier keys
Personally I like the behavior of the Lasso select with merely CTRL + LMB drag. I would like to see box select work like it's expected in nearly every other software with just LMB+Drag. Then perhaps keep the current behavior for lasso select.

3. Modeling Tools
Having used BMesh extensively now, and aside from the normal grab, rotate and translate, I would rank tools in this order:
Extrude
Inset
Bevel
Knife tool
Vertex connect
Make face
Subdivide
Duplicate

The top six are all pretty close contenders.

--
Jonathan Williamson
Education Manager and Instructor