[Bf-funboard] Doing bevels without bevels

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Mon Jun 4 19:55:59 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 18:13 +0200, Knapp wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Bassam Kurdali <bassam at urchn.org> wrote:
> > Yes, very useful, Modo has this, and, in fact, there's a developer doing
> > just this for cycles; I know the thread is long, but it's on the cycles
> > thread in blender artists. He's not ready to request a code review yet,
> > but he's posted some promising pictures.
>
> Cool! But not for normal render?

no, this is specifically for cycles. Blender internal seems to be more
in bug fix than new feature mode, and to be honest, I'm fine with that;
a lot of the more 'advanced' features in internal do not work all that
well (SSS, material nodes) since they are bolted/hacked onto a very
ancient core that was not designed for them, and they require
workarounds in many cases.