[Bf-funboard] Bf-funboard Digest, Vol 79, Issue 1

proxe proxe.err0r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:34:32 CEST 2012

It is pretty much impossible to map so many of blenders operators and menus
> to based on mnemonics, to a certain extent they should be, but I think that
> the layout should be optimal, blender incorporates such a heavy use of
> hot-keys and should exploit that fact aiming for efficiency, The search
> menu may be the most often used menu to a new user, and for that user
> it may possibly remain that way for a long time, but after you become
> seasoned in blender the search menu becomes a waste of a key that could
> potentially increase work flow, I may be wrong but I would think
> that many new users to blender would attempt to press Ctrl-F to find
> functionality.

When I say a waste of a key I don't think that the search menu is a waste,
> just that the spacebar could be used for something that is used at a much
> higher frequency.

Been testing a key map where I changed tab to the F6 menu and Spacebar to
Mode Switch Menu. I think that this is probably better then my other
proposal? Where these two keys where switched.