[Bf-funboard] Trransform parameter locking

"Peter Hähnlein" hidarikiki at gmx.net
Sat Aug 11 00:59:29 CEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 04:29:10 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: "Peter G. Kovacs" <nihylius at yahoo.com>
> An: bf-funboard at blender.org
> Betreff: [Bf-funboard] Trransform parameter locking

> Hoy all,
>
> I would like to ask for an option. That would be great if the "lock"
> caption
> could get a place  beside the parameter input. Also a feedback would be
> great like the colour highlight when we key a parameter. For example if
> the parameter (transformation) locked it turns to red.
>
> The other request  is on the 3D cursor. It's useful tool, but sometimes,
> it
> would be nice to be locked onto it's current position. Just disable the
> option of replacement with a radio button in the view settings. There are
> already the dimensions, but I think a "Reset" and "Lock" would be very
> useful.
> The preset-able feature set is also would result fantastic usability.
>

> Thanks,

  I'd favour three locks for x, y and z. It's more consistent. And if making it invisible is desirable, then an eye to poke into would be a good choice, similar to background images.

  I use the 3D-cursor with shift-S-3 and Shift-S-2 dozens of times a day (: but locking it can be very useful. Especially when I have an axis of rotation for a joint and I jump in and out of objects and spin around etc. Good example where it's useful to just lock two axes.

Cheers
Haunt