[Bf-funboard] oops schematic

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 22:25:47 CEST 2009

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, Peter Haehnlein <hidarikiki at gmx.net> wrote:

> I just heard that the oops schematic view will be gone. Is
> that true?
>
>    I just want to say that there's no better view to
> teach beginners
> about Blenders object oriented approach. Kind of
> inconvenient that I now
> have to keep old blender versions to do this part of my
> lessons.
>
>    It was very handy to show what happens when you
> duplicate with shift
> or alt D or what it means to have the object or the mesh
> carry the link
> to the material.

The problem is that it would get unwieldy very fast as scenes grew larger and was next to useless on scene that were big enough that a scene graph viewer would have been useful.

We couldn't figure out good solutions to fix this flaw during wintercamp so it was decided to drop it.

That doesn't mean *forever*, but until someone fixes the inherent problems of such a graph view...

I understand why it would be useful for teaching though. :|

Martin