[Bf-funboard] Blender - Alt M

Kernon Dillon kernond at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 00:42:34 CET 2009

You might give Blender's "AutoMerge Editing" feature a try. You can turn it
on via the Mesh menu on the Header bar while in the Edit mode.

Combine that with Blender's snap feature and it should make things a lot
easier. The controls for the snap features are on the Header bar, to the
right of the Proportional Editing controls. The snapping occurs when you
hold the Ctrl-key while transforming.

Using these two features, you could perform the merge you described by
selecting one line of vertices, holding down the Ctrl-key, and translating
the vertices until they snap to the other vertices. The vertices will be
automatically merged after you release the mouse button. I know this works
for a line of vertices where they are already lined up with the other line
of vertices, but I'm not sure about merging multiple vertices that aren't
(like on a character's face).

BTW, you can use Blender's Mirror modifier to avoid the pain of manually
merging the two halves.

Hope that helps.

Kernon

Kernon Dillon