[Bf-funboard] Blender - Alt M

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Tue Jan 6 00:20:30 CET 2009

I meant merging a number of verts which are on the same edge line
For instance.
A plane extruded twice along the x. = 8 verts
Select and scale the 2 centre lots of verts and scale them together along the x
so they are closer together.
To merge those verts you select the first, Shift select the second on the same
edge line
Alt M, merge at First, merge or Last or merge at Centre. and do this for each 2
verts you wish to merge.

What I am suggesting for walls is the ability to select all the verts in one
vertical group, select all the verts in the next vertical group and Alt M, merge
at first.
Which cannot be done currently, they only merge at centre or merge at cursor,
destroying the wall plane.
Blender should then merge each selected vert on the same edge line.

Take the instance of modeling a face, you model one half and mirror the other half.
It is very time consuming selecting each of the hundreds of verts on each edge
half to join the halves.
Blender should permit selecting edge verts on one edge then select the second
edge with the same number of verts and Alt M merge at first or merge at last
(selected range of verts)
TIA
Roger