[Bf-funboard] bge proposal : having python scripts for sensors, (controllers) and actuators

Jonathan-David SCHRODER myselfhimself at free.fr
Tue Sep 16 22:17:26 CEST 2008

Hi
if you really start creating your game logic by thinking that the controller
IS the brain that controls everything, then you can make something clean.

in the case of sensor that should be things that think... for a python
controller to trigger some action, it decides what to do on :
-which sensor called it (someSensor.isPositive())
- and some things it can observe by himself by reading various objects'
properties/situations.
those things it can observe could be put in the the sensor section instead
as real sensors and made reusable. That's why I propose having python
sensors.

For example, there's no sensor for... seeing if some external object's
property is equal to something (there's a local property sensor, but not an
external property one)...

maybe, the same way there are pynodes which help pack helpful and often used
node python code, there could be pynodes for sensors.

anyway indeed as you state, everything is doable in the GE... so I should
not try to split hairs.

jonathan

http://www.jaxtr.com/myselfhimself