[Bf-funboard] Importing content

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Mar 30 08:10:23 CEST 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Campbell Barton wrote:

> Add at the cursor location, good point!
>
> Iv already made most importers add their data to visible layers (similar from
> the users perspective to adding to the active layer), but adding at the

Well, yes, of course... consistency all the way. Importers and SHIFT-F1
should both behave EXACTLY like space->add ... no idea why that was never
done...

> This still dosnt get around the object scale issue, sometimes data will be
> offset from 0,0,0 - so center cursor wont help in that case.

Yes, I've noticed that when importing 3DS models... what's the deal with the
data sometimes being in another universe, and the centroid somewhere else?

> Python also has no access to the active layer at the moment.

Then you should add it :) Although, heh, most people don't even know that
there is an active layer, and it isn't visualized in the UI at all (except
in instinctive-blender, where there's a little dot in the respective layer
button :-)