[Bf-funboard] Patch: A tiny bit of Layer manager

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Mar 23 23:03:16 CET 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Doug Ollivier wrote:

> Sorry wasn't trying to not credit you when putting the layer managers
> proposal up.  In fact it makes me happy that development and ideas are the
> same from many people.

Of course, I wasn't meaning to sound like that at all :)

> The Dot graphic showing contents of a layer I think is fairly important
> (Colours can be added behind a dot later anyway). however it would be great
> to re-assess the icons at some stage.  as my first proposal had a dot, which
> with other information needing to be passed became very complex very quickly.
>
> The second proposal is here.
> http://blendergo.mudpuddle.co.nz/proposals/Layers2.pdf

Your proposal contains a lot of good ideas.

However, I don't have the time nor the intention (currently) to follow
lengthy discussions about what *could* be done. I know what I *have* done
(well, I've done far more than the coloured buttons, but that's another
story), and if it's something that would take me around 10 minutes in order
to make others benefit from it, I can just commit it. But, no room for a lot
of changes or additions.

If the following is agreed on by everyone:

- Layer buttons (in header, object buttons, MKEY menu) contain a dot if
   layer contains something, no dot if not

- Layer buttons are pink if they contain selected/active objects

then I can commit it.