[Bf-funboard] Just out of interest: DEL and C

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Tue Mar 20 12:31:31 CET 2007

> But all of this is moot if the fabled "event refactor" gets
> finished.  Really this time?  I'll believe it when I see it :P ...
> That and the damn curve bug.

I disagree that it's moot, and that simply allowing users to make a
patchwork of their keyboards is the silver bullet for issues like this.
It is EXACTLY things like this that need to be considered in any overall
address of the UI. How are people really using Blender? How well does
that fit with the current UI? How should the UI change to better fit the
way that people use the tools?

I'm "rah rah!" for divorcing event handling from the line-by-line code,
but it's not going to solve any of these problems by itself.

Of course, maybe once it's done, some UI democracy can take place --
people can come up with what they think are good schemes, and then bribe
prominent artists to start using and hawking their keyboard maps!
--
Roland Hess - harkyman