[Bf-funboard] Just out of interest: DEL and C

Michael Crawford psyborgue at mac.com
Tue Mar 20 09:07:50 CET 2007

I'm curious what language you are using.  On my keyboard (US 101
Apple) there is no delete key on the numpad.  The period key (next to
numpad return) centers on the current object.  that works great for
me.  I can hit it with my thumb while my hand is still resting on the
mouse.  On the other hand, on my laptop (powerbook titanium 17"), the
key does not exist at all (not even on emulated numpad), so when i
need to center on selected, i am required to use the view menu (very
slow and annoying)  This is not even to mention how difficult it is
to attempt to use blender with a single mouse button.  I carry around
a three button mouse just for blender (and wings admittedly).

I too, however find the "c" key absolutely useless as it is.  Who
uses that?

It seem that a lot of this might stem from differences in
keyboards... I see two solutions:
  1. Keep a record of each and every variant of every keyboard on the
planet (not forgetting laptops), and remap the physical location to
the actual key... (is that even possible)
       (or)
  2. Allow users to define their own keys...