[Bf-funboard] Relationship lines for hidden objects

Chris Burt desoto at exenex.com
Fri Mar 2 21:45:17 CET 2007

I was using the outliner to manage a scene today. The new
visibility/selection controls are absolutely fantastic. I have one
suggestion that I wanted to get feedback for.

Wouldn't it be a usability improvement if relationship lines were
turned off when the parent object is hidden using the outliner? I
can't think of a good reason you would want to see such lines if you
don't want to see the parent object itself, but that doesn't mean
someone else can't think of a good reason.

I bring this up because the relationship lines can be a very confusing
piece of visual information when the parent object is not visible.
Thoughts?

(And yes I'm aware that relationship lines can be turned off
completely in the view properties, but this is not a desirable
alternative to having the lines simply disappear when the parent
object is made invisible)

Thanks!

Regards,
--Chris