[Bf-funboard] Render pause

Myvain myvain at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 7 20:21:42 CEST 2007

>What would be interesting is a way to truly hibernate a render and
>continue later (after reboots, different machine, etc). As somone
>mentioned, POVRay does it, but IIRC it had to reparse the scene (which
>can take some serious time), basically it was just a plain render that
>initialices the render result from a file and computes the missing
>pixels. So the reall bonus is in saving the state.
>
>GSR

It's the idea.
Many people on a french board are interested and if we make a search on blenderartist or official forum we can see it's a recurring demand, because that would be terribly practical (need to reboot, more urgents works, need of cpu time and so on..) . But i'm not a developper and i hope simply that somebody will take into account this proposition.