[Bf-funboard] Numpad + Text objects

Chris Burt desoto at exenex.com
Fri Jul 13 15:25:08 CEST 2007

Greetings,

While doing some work with text objects in Blender, specifically
entering numerical data, I discovered an inconsistency. When entering
numbers into button fields in Blender, the numpad works as one would
expect. Likewise for entering transform values by hand. However, when
you enter edit mode on a text object, the numpad still controls the 3D
view port. This, in my opinion, is a weakness.

My proposal is to have numpad view changes disabled while text objects
are in edit mode so that it may function as the user would expect when
entering number values quickly.

Discussion? Thoughts?

Regards,
--Chris