[Bf-funboard] Lightmaps and Render Baking

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Wed Jan 10 11:59:48 CET 2007

Hey,

fantastic possibilities!

However it could be better ;-) But maybe its also my incompetence?

So heres my way to do:

* uvmap (archimap usually)
* add a new Image

* bake render

* add a second UV layer
* uvmap (tiled or whatever for walls/ground etc) with image textures
* make material setup

* Start GE, be happy

So far so good.

But now when I want to recalc the Lighmaps:

* select the Lightmap UV Layer (or not, but it seemed logically to me)
* bake render

Now I end up with a totally BLACK "Light"map....

As workaround you have to remove the Material then bake and then
reassign the material an exchange the texture for the new lightmap.

Hope this makes sense?

I wish the baking could be more clever, mostly (always?) I want to
overwrite the old Lightmap  the new generated LM. If I have some maps in
a scene saving them all can be tendious.

Best Regards,
Carsten