[Bf-funboard] Lightmaps and Render Baking

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Jan 10 12:13:16 CET 2007

Yes, I've run into the same problems. It also means that you can't
bake anything with a UV texture (eg. doing a full render bake of an
environment that uses UV textures), while that texture is assigned to
the faces. It's a real mess.

It would be great if when doing the baking, we had a few more
options. I can imagine some kind of UI like:

Object 1
[ Menu: UV layers | use active UV layer / unwrap to existing UV
layer / unwrap to new UV layer ]
  - [ Menu: Unwrap | Archimap / UVtiles / blah / blah ]
[ Menu | use active image / bake to new image ]
  - [ Texture size: ?px ]

Object 2
etc

or something like that...