[Bf-funboard] Zooming to mouse position

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 15:52:23 CEST 2007

--- Knittl <knittl89 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/07, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > With perspective, the view vector would have to
> change
> > to  keep the cursor in place.
>

> Ok, I see. Perspective view is always a bit tricky,
> and not having the same
> functionality in both of these modes is also a bad
> thing. I think of the
> shift-b (is it shift-b? currently no blender on this
> machine) shortcut to
> draw a zoom area, which doesn't work in perspective
> view either, though it's
> not as easy to access as the mouse wheel (extra key
> strokes etc.)

It's also a somewhat different functionality (more
precision on the zooming area and all).

> I've discussed this at length in a patch that
> proposed
> > this (but didn't work in perspective), I can
> probably
> > find that thread again by digging a bit.
>

> please do so!

There they are:

Zoom to Cursor

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5129&group_id=9&atid=127

Border Zoom

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5126&group_id=9&atid=127

In both, I proposed a solution for taking care of
perspective (they aren't complete solutions, some code
would have to be elaborate, obviously, or it would
have been committed in the case of the border zoom).

--- trip somewhere <trip0o at gmail.com> wrote:

> To add to this lengthy discussion. Modo has this
> zoom to feature by
> default. And it works soooo smoothly. Someone made a
> patch before, It
> worked in Ortho view but not to well in perspective
> view. Ton I think
> changed it to Shift Border only in Ortho, but that
> is hardly a
> replacement.

They were two separate patches. Zoom to Cursor and
Border Select Zoom that is. Check the links earlier in
this email.

Martin