[Bf-funboard] Zooming to mouse position

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Apr 4 02:23:04 CEST 2007

I think there is a slight bit of confusion here, I don't think anyone
was proposing to zoom to the 3D cursor (which would be bizarre),
rather, the mouse pointer, which often gets called a cursor. I think
this would be quite a nice feature to have, and I think someone even
made a preliminary patch for it not so long ago.

On 4/4/07, Bassam Kurdali <bkurdali at freefactory.org> wrote:
> wait a second- is it my imagination, or is shift-ctrl still available?
> perhaps we can make shift-ctrl-mousewheel do this behavior?

I guess the question is, would this be something that you'd want to be
able to switch between frequently, or would it be more like a
preference that you'd become accustomed to and stick to? If it's the
latter, it would be better to have a preference setting rather than
making things more complicated with all sorts of different
combinations and permutations of modifier keys.

Matt