[Bf-funboard] Some skinning feature ideas

Benjamin Tolputt bjt at pmp.com.au
Tue Apr 3 07:04:41 CEST 2007

Michael Crawford wrote:
> one thing that might be handy is a hotkey to cycle through vertex
> groups (maybe something with the mouse wheel?).
I think this would be useful. Still not (what I see as) a full solution
to the problem we are addressing, but it would be incredibly useful
regardless. I envisage the ability to flick back and forth between upper
& lower arm bones slowly tweaking the elbow weights to perfection.
Regardless of the outcome on the "normalized" vs "non-normalized"
weights discussion - I think this should be implemented.

On the other hand, it may "fall out" of the upcoming interface update
(where one can provide arbitrary hotkeys and mouse buttons for different
actions).

Regards,
B.J.Tolputt