[Bf-funboard] removal of "add>mesh>Tube"

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Apr 2 12:45:08 CEST 2007

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Campbell Barton wrote:
>
>> We could make the "Cap Ends" option remember the last used value for
>> each session (like radius), That means youd only need to set it once
>> per usage.
>
> The fact that the dialog doesn't remember its options is indeed horrific,
> and inconsistent with the previous functionality and most other dialogs in
> Blender which do remember options from usage to usage. I didn't try it yet,
> however this definitely needs to be fixed.

I didnt make it remember the setting because I wanted to have defaults -
Circle Off, Cone On, Cylinder On etc.

However its no big deal to have a fill setting for each type.. seems
thats what people want.

just added a Python Script slot to Add->Mesh.
so we can Have a Dodecahedron, buckminster-fuller sphere and teapot no
problems!

In all seriousness the teapot could be a good addition.

Also means people can define their own mesh types without messing with C.

- Cam