[Bf-funboard] removal of "add>mesh>Tube"

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Mon Apr 2 13:49:12 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 08:45:08PM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:
> Alexander Ewering wrote:
> >
> >The fact that the dialog doesn't remember its options is indeed horrific,
> >and inconsistent with the previous functionality and most other dialogs in
> >Blender which do remember options from usage to usage. I didn't try it yet,
> >however this definitely needs to be fixed.
>
> I didnt make it remember the setting because I wanted to have defaults -
> Circle Off, Cone On, Cylinder On etc.
>
> However its no big deal to have a fill setting for each type.. seems
> thats what people want.

I hate to play the spoil-sport here, but maybe we could have some
discussion about how things should work before we go an implement
them.

An application is not a random collection of features.  Consistency
in how things work makes an app easy to use.  Grab mode, for example,
works the same everywhere.  It would be nice if dialogs for similar
tasks behaved in a similar way.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net