[Bf-funboard] idea to replace center cursor and friends

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Dec 28 02:19:06 CET 2006

On 28/12/2006, at 12:00 PM, Bassam Kurdali wrote:

> Hi folks.
> just as aligorith completed center change functionality for armatures,
> and complained about lack of space in the buttons panel for the
> options,
> I got to thinking, why are those buttons even there?
> wouldn't it be better to use normal transform to manipulate object
> centers, with an option or mode to just move the center, and not the
> data? this would let us for instance, change the global orientation
> of a
> curve, without changing the global location of the curve data- and in
> general, let us modify the location, rotation and scale of the
> object/center much more easily.

Yeah I think that would be good - certainly would provide a lot more
flexibility and control than just those three buttons, being able to
use all the normal transform tools to do it. Now that we have better
snapping, it would be much easier than doing the Shift S shuffle.

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net