[Bf-funboard] Re: UV Mapping menu (removing items)

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Dec 3 02:44:57 CET 2006

Hi,
cbarton at metavr.com (2006-12-03 at 1048.10 +1100):
> Hi, Iv suggested before but it was too close to release..
>
> Id like to have some menu items removed from the UV Calculation menu,
> because I dont think they are used much/at all.
>
> "UV Calculation"
> Cube Projection
>
> Project From View
> Project From View 1/1
> Project From View 1/2
> Project From View 1/4
> Project From View 1/8
> Reset 1/1
> Reset 1/2
> Reset 1/4
> Reset 1/8
>
> Can we get rid of the 1/2, 1/4, 1/8  items? - Make it

Yes, I agree.

> Project From View
> Project From View 1/1
> Reset 1/1

Or as other fractions are gone:
Project From View
Project From View (stretch)
Reset

Or even a shorter "(fit)".

> Iv used the UV mapping  tools a lot and have never found a good use for
> these menu items. - Even when making to small areas of an image its
> better to scale and position after. - even if you want a smaller
> mapping, chances are youll need to move the smaller map to the area of
> the image your after so youll need to have the UV/Image window open anyway.

I always wondered too, as if manual tweaking is needed in many cases,
not worth trying to figure which one to use, just use plain and
transform (SKEY .5 will give perfect 1/2, if size precision was
important).

GSR