[Bf-funboard] Too many vertex lines

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Tue Apr 18 06:30:41 CEST 2006

Hello all
I created a 4 mm thick sheet using cube (Thanks to edge measurements)
I created a cylinder through the cube sheet to drill a hole series of
various sized holes in the sheet (cube).
In object mode, Select the sheet then the cylinder.
When using boolean operation in blender to subtract (difference) a
cylinder from a cube I get a lot of extraeneous vertex lines and need
to get rid of them.
How can these be removed without destroying the faces of th cube  (sheet)
Why doesn't Blender simply subtract one from the other as in real life
like making a hole.
Why does blender create a new and unnecessary object set.
how does intersect, union and difference compare with add, subtract  and
joining components, would I be correct in supposing that 'union  means
add' and  'difference means subtract'.
Can someone help please.
thanks
Roger