[Bf-funboard] Re: Question about projection

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Aug 26 22:53:56 CEST 2005

Hi,
rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com (2005-08-26 at 1607.12 -0400):
> Is such a projection theoretically possible to implement in something like
> Blender?  Or is the math required so skew from the "normal" projection math
> that  it should be left to the domain of  CAD progs?

You can always try isometric, in which reduction is constant for all
axis (or discarded... long time since I do tech draw). So it would be
ortho option with the proper positioning.

In blender, just quick idea, maybe a lattice and ortho.

> No mater how I tried to simplify the shading, it wouldn't satisfy
> him.  "It's too much like a photograph.  I want it in 3D, but I don't want
> it to look real."

Then you have to look at non realistic shading like the one in
http://www.luceri.it/ or the ideas from (doable with blender ramps?)
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gooch/SIG98/gooch98_bigger.pdf

GSR