[Bf-funboard] Question about projection

Robert Wenzlaff rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com
Fri Aug 26 22:07:12 CEST 2005

We have an Ortho button for cameras.  Just yesterday a need to do an
isometric projection (specifically a cabinet projection where X-Y are
mapped to a plane parallel to the camera image plane and Z is mapped to a
constant angle in that plane.)

Begin Fixed spacing font:

       +--------+
     /        /|
    /        / |
   +--------+  +
   |        | /
   |        |/
   +--------+

End Fixed spacing font.

Is such a projection theoretically possible to implement in something like
Blender?  Or is the math required so skew from the "normal" projection math
that  it should be left to the domain of  CAD progs?

Such projections are used extensively in patent drawings for example, and
my boss offered my services to her Dad who is a patent attorney.

No mater how I tried to simplify the shading, it wouldn't satisfy
him.  "It's too much like a photograph.  I want it in 3D, but I don't want
it to look real."

Detective Thorn