[Bf-funboard] Materials

Daniel Fairhead madprof at uk2.net
Tue Sep 21 22:43:47 CEST 2004

> > a material/shader? library integrated into blender, from which we can add new material to our models yet ready for fourther costumization:
> >
> > i mean a library organized in this way:
>
> > metals,(gold, alluminium)
> > organic,(wood, water,)
> > syntetic(glass, plastic, rubber)
> > ..etc
> >
> > then i can apply the default gold material to my object and i obviusly have access to the material panel as usual.
>

> don' t you think it can work pretty well this way?

The way which I could see most feasable, and most "useful" in the current blender workflow
is either to just put them in the .B.blend file, and also possibly add a "sticky" option to .B.blend,
so all textures/materials/etc are displayed no matter what file you load, but with a * next to them,
or something. Comments?

Dan