[Bf-funboard] (no subject)

Tom Musgrove tommusgrove__ at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 23:45:59 CEST 2004

alex,

[QUOTE] Try the Proportional Editing Tool.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was being a bit brain dead, yes proportional edit covers some of
what I want, but the biggest part of the functionality (which I apparently
did omit from my description, but is quite clear from the links) is
'drawing' usinging focus follows mouse.  (proportional edit displacement
along either an average of the face or vertice normals for a fixed
displacement distance, or alternatively displacement by per face normal).

Also, proportional edit doesn't give very clean results, since the origin of
the selection is based on the vertice(s).  (whereas most soft selection can
have the center at any starting point).

I'd appreciate if you look at the links, since they quite clearly
demonstrate the feature that I find of interest, and would greatly clear up
the difference between the functionality of interest versus current
proportional edit.

Tom M.