[Bf-funboard] Updated Feature Proposal: Different Cursors / Better UV/ Image Editor Behaviors

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Sat Sep 4 00:08:52 CEST 2004

alex wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Bart wrote:
>
>> When i change a texture of a face it didn't start to becaome yellow so
>> why it should become pink when i remove it. I think anybody can see if
>> there is a untextured face.
>

> Uhm, I would say it is infinitely easier if it is pink.
>
> I know that "pink is wrong" or "pink needs attention" convention from other
> 3d stuff too, i.e., the DOOM 2 engine also showed untextured walls pink
> (inside the game). So i guess it must have a purpose. Pink is just ugly, it
> catches your attention. Same as with the 'selected object is pink' stuff.
>
> It stitches out of the scene.
>
> alex at schnittenparadies.de

I updated the proposal:

You assigned a texture to a face that shouldn't textured, so you remove
the texture from the face. After that it is pink and you can't use
vertex paint in Draw Mode Textured Solid (potato mode) because you can't
see it. A command 'Erase UV' with shortcut 'X' would be fine.

--
|\/\/\/|
|      |
C      _)       bart at neeneenee.de
|   ,_/
|   /    - Ich bin nicht berechtigt Aushilfslehrer zu feuern -
/   \
                 http://www.neeneenee.de